Reflections on guiding principles of Sound Garden
- Sound Garden never meant to be a product, a thing by itself. It's a by-product of the creative journey.
- Creativity blossoms without limit when put in consciously defined constraints. Self-posed restrictions are what helps to maintain focus and embody art artifacts.
- Sound Garden's leitmotif constraint is doing everything live and in real-time. If your sound graph can’t be computed sample by sample for each channel in real-time, then drop it and find a new one. This does not prevent performance optimizations of the platform, rather contrary it encourages them.
- Don't be afraid to be naive, you are exploring a mysterious landscape.
- True understanding comes as the ability to re-create subject from scratch. With own style.
- Style is constraints working for you.
- This document is just a reflection of Sound Garden spirit and practices, no way it's primary to them. The manifesto is living and is to be updated whenever it needs to be.